Thursday 18 June 2015

SCARS
It is been rightly said that the language is scarce
For the words are not enough to describe
The pain inflicted upon me
I have been wounded many times
Some do heal
But some leave behind
A constant reminder
Of the betrayal
Of the misery
Of the broken trust
Of the void left in me
That God knows what could fill it back
All in the form of scars

They over shadow me
And tend to never leave my side
When in dark or light
And prove to be
A constant reminder
Of my mistake
Of my consent
Of my very acceptance of the fate
Of the treacherous happiness
That my heart felt
Which appears fake
Something which my traitorous heart tricked me into…


I tried to erase them
Screen them
And what not
To conceal myself
Of the loss I suffered
Of this unendurable agony
Of the tasted forbidden fruit
Of the beautiful possibility of the road not taken
And the magnificent landscapes I would have adored
While treading the unknown territories
But my feet abandoned those prospects…


The scars are dreadful and unbearable
I don’t thank for their presence
Each individual could construe them their way
But I would brand them as lessons and await the tomorrow
Which shells the hopeful pearls
Of my glory
Of the zenith I would embrace
Of the happiness kissing me
Of the perpetuation of risks
For no matter how many nightmares I encounter
I would not stop looking for the dreams…
Which could accept me Along with my scars
However gruesome they may be
For the burnt pages make
The book worth reading…

(even if I would have to dance alone in the rain)